- Lender that lost at trial wins on appeal. ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions/pub/1
- Narrow IPR petition kept Patent Trial and Appeal Board from canceling patent claim as indefinite. cafc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/
- Lay witness shouldn’t have opined on obviousness of glass-blowing patent. cafc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/
- Audio noise control patent survives appeal from one IPR but must face “reply” patentability arguments in second one. cafc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/
- Gap between actual and liquidated damages didn’t make clause unenforceable penalty. txcourts.gov/media/1445734/
Because my practice focuses on complex commercial disputes–especially antitrust, oil and gas, and patents–I keep daily track of important decisions by the U.S. Supreme Court, the 13 U.S. Courts of Appeals, and the highest appeals courts in Delaware, New York, and Texas.