- Guarantor of loan may have defaulted right to arbitration in Jordan by not raising it in Iraqi court. http://ca4.uscourts.gov/opinions/182212.P.pdf
- TV schedule guide patent was obvious. http://cafc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/opinions-orders/19-1309.Opinion.1-13-2020.pdf
- Error in model willfulness instruction didn’t wipe out verdict finding of no willful infringement. http://cafc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/opinions-orders/18-2215.Opinion.1-13-2020.pdf
- Dissident shareholder’s slates of investment-fund trustees missed deadline in by-laws for answering supplemental questionnaires. https://courts.delaware.gov/Opinions/Download.aspx?id=300380
- Fight over referral fee didn’t give rise to personal jurisdiction over law firm in place of qui tam action. https://www2.ca3.uscourts.gov/opinarch/191986p.pdf
- Failure to mitigate doesn’t bar statutory damages for copyright infringement or DMCA violations. http://ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions/pub/18/18-20350-CV0.pdf
Because my practice focuses on complex commercial disputes–especially antitrust, oil and gas, and patents–I keep daily track of important decisions by the U.S. Supreme Court, the 13 U.S. Courts of Appeals, and the highest appeals courts in Delaware, New York, and Texas.
You can follow along during the week on Twitter (@contingencyblog) or here at The Contingency each Monday with this Commercial Case Roundup.