- ”Representative” proof supported $54 million verdict for class of truck drivers. http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2020/01/06/17-15983.pdf
- Lack of class-wide proof of intent doomed debt collection class action. http://ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions/pub/18/18-50551-CV0.pdf
- Contract didn’t require class arbitration. https://ecf.ca8.uscourts.gov/opndir/20/01/173501P.pdf
- PTAB’s unpatentability ruling bound court in separate infringement action. http://cafc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/opinions-orders/18-2256.Opinion.1-10-2020.pdf
- Settlement agreement didn’t wipe out previous covenant not to sue for patent infringement. http://cafc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/opinions-orders/19-1071.Opinion.1-10-2020.pdf
- Anticipation and obviousness doomed antibody purification patent. http://cafc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/opinions-orders/18-1933.Opinion.1-10-2020.pdf
Because my practice focuses on complex commercial disputes–especially antitrust, oil and gas, and patents–I keep daily track of important decisions by the U.S. Supreme Court, the 13 U.S. Courts of Appeals, and the highest appeals courts in Delaware, New York, and Texas.