- Expert’s claim of “stigma” to land value from gas pipeline didn’t pass Rule 702 muster. www2.ca3.uscourts.gov/opinarch/18312
- Letter that implied lessee paid royalties to wrong entity didn’t meet notice requirement of Louisiana statute. ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions/pub/1
- Presence of servers in district didn’t count as regular place of business under patent venue statute. cafc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/
- Settlement of patent case mooted it, barring court’s ruling on merits. cafc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/
- Patent owner waived time-bar and obviousness defenses in IPR. cafc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/
- Brand-name drug seller’s use of patent on drive of drug-injection pen to delay generic rival supported monopolization claim. media.ca1.uscourts.gov/pdf.opinions/1
- Neither party breached oral deal to market generic antidepressant. media.ca7.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/rssExe
Note for readers
Because my practice focuses on complex commercial disputes–especially antitrust, oil and gas, and patents–I keep daily track of important decisions by the U.S. Supreme Court, the 13 U.S. Courts of Appeals, and the highest appeals courts in Delaware, New York, and Texas.
You can follow along during the week on Twitter (@contingencyblog) or here at The Contingency each Monday with this Commercial Case Roundup.